Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Payton leaving Konami and a boy got lost in dream.

Pin It
Right now I'm listening to Elvis Presley, and about to start my Nihon-Go homework. After read some news I just remembered my child dream of being a game music producer...
In 1998 it became a "to be a game designer dream". But till there was a long, long road.


Everything start with my Atari. Pitfall was really awesome, and take some good times of my childhood. But my console burn down, but c'mon it was on time. My mom bought me a Mega Drive (Genesis) - Yup, no NES or Master system. The game came with a Super Monaco GP cartridge. I loved the BGM, but not so much the game. Later came a SNES. The music of mega drive games were really awesome and this was a point to have such a dream of game music producer. But SuperNes stolen all my youth. Playing football like a mad child - International Superstar Soccer Deluxe. Lonely with a notebook where i used to write the name of all players that scored in the game, all the titles a team conquered, and any record that should be recorded like the fastest goal in history. xD
Now they make it alone. It is all in some menu, just need to dig it.








Playing fighting/action games was also a pleasure. Titles like Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Street Fighter I was a huge fan. At Arcade I used to play Marvel VS Street Fighter. How I loved the partner help in battles. So I discovered King of Fighters. KOF was beating my heart out my body. At school, I used to draw - well at least tried to draw - some fighters and make a team and maybe some little background story for them. "This guy hate this one... and well... FIGHT!"














I bought my gameboy and start to get in contact with RPG games. When got my first pc I became an RPG addicted. RPG get a huge place at my heart. I remember when I was walking through a mall and see in a toyshop a TV playing the Intro of Zelda Ocarina of Time. OMG! Link riding the horse, the sun rising up... My young little heart beat a damn Morse message directly to my brain; "You live for this boy". For sure my heart wasn't talking about horse riding. And I got sure for real when my Team Fighting Game became more complex then I have imagine. The background story became bigger, and the existence of each character was questioned and when I see I create a huge new world - for sure; many years of philosophy, politic, religion, marketing and history study . I became a little Brazilian RPG game designer - ouun.



After that I played Castlevania at 64, and all that environment make me really into the series. I got a Playstation and played (sure a lot of winning eleven) Castlevania: SotN. I don't need to say anything uh?
I'm fan of all Castlevania games. So appears Silent Hill... I couldn't beat the boss cause I was careless enough playing and do not take some good guns - the shotgun dammit, how could i don't see it in the bathroom?. So I can't kill the boss - with normal gun and 6 bullets uh?. So I have a good scar with the whole SH series. I do not finish any of them! When i got at final rounds, i just stop playing - Can't explain, something weird of me. xD


But, lemme think... Silent hill... Castlevania... Winning Eleven... hey!! KONAMI make part of my growth!

And they have that metal gear series yet. ok... I have to see that uh?

I was so in love with Metal Gear - about everything, characters, history, design members, chronology - that... i don't play it for a long time. xD
I have a little problem with chronology. I need to know what to play first. xD
I played MGS1 - just can't beat Liquid when he came "outside" the Metal Gear. I almost get close, but...but... Wait for me when i finish MGS3 ¬¬

I'm playing MGS3snake eater right now, and damn..i love Konami, Kojima and Akira Yamaoka* - *hey this is not silent hill!.

My 2006 dream was to be not a simple game designer but a Konami Game Designer and Producer.

I was sad thinking that Japaneses don't accept very often foreign people in their country for a career beginning =p But I read about Payton! And how far he goes at my dream enterprise. How many great things he have done. He was my inspiration. "c'mon boy, you can go there. Just keep studying."
But now he is gone, i feel a little empty. For he, this is the right thing to do right now. But... i feel so distant now what my heart said to my brain when I was a brat - you remember don't you? C'mon you read up there =/. And the technology is growing so fast. I'm searching like hell an opportunity to enter at this market, and every mail, every letter give me a cold empty breeze as answer.

Maybe Payton in US is a kind of sign. Like 'Hey boy, don't focus Japan, the place you should go is US.'

Payton said [Kotaku];

"The Japanese public seems to be disinterested in next-gen and high definition gaming,"
Mmm... My RPG game project (Since 1998 btw) can use many things/elements from levels/menus of MGS3snake eater. So as you can imagine it is a next-gen-high def game. But not something like "WOAH whatta graphic"... no. Just something good to play.

"The developers here feel the pressure. They're starting to develop more with the West in mind and the tech is in the west now." -Payton about Japanese developers

Hmm... I'm clueless about what to do with my life.

What I have done, and failed like a dog flying;

1- Contact Konami by mail and applying for assistant jobs.
2- Contact Konami by letter to Shinji Hirano about their projects of WE2009 focused in south America
3- Curriculum at Ubisoft Brazil
4- Curriculum at Overplay


What am I doing now?

1- Actor classes, learning how to construct a character and how to make good scenes. [Yeah, I will not put my ass on computer and study some damn bizarre language, nah. I have to became a good director first of all. Programmers Language change faster with the flow of time.]
2- Reading many books; Tolkien Books, Victor Hugo Books, Game Design Books, Design Books, Literature-Religion-Politic-theory books.
3- Thinking about live at São Paulo or Rio to work as voice actor.
4- Studying Japanese language
5- With Japanese, English and voice courses I can work as voice actor for games. And to work as translator in some developer, make some contacts... start as assistance and wow? why not? may this can be a path. =/

Right now, I just don't know what to do. :|

Sorry my English [I have some "than-then" problem] and...well...I HAVE LOT OF NIHONGO HOMEWORK to do. Have to go. See yah

first time I talk so openly about my life plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment