Monday, June 01, 2009

I won an EDGE special magazine

Pin It
About a month ago - or maybe more - I receive a package from hardgameS (cannot recognize the letter R at first glance) and when I open it, I stay shocked.
It was a Top 100 Best Games of all times by Edge Magazine.
But the Brazilian version, sure. And I was thinking, WHY?! Maybe cause Edge is coming to Brazil, and maybe they know my blog, and maybe they send it to me somehow... NOT! The magazine costs about R$69 nobody in good mental health would send a magazine like to The Warchild Post ¬¬

And then I remember, A Contest, hell yeah! It is hardgameR. And wooo... Start to dig on internet and found it. I won - with 2 other peoples - a kind of quote/sentence contest. And I forget to post about it, due to this unenployed period. =(

The contest was: write what was the best game of all times for you.
So I wrote:

English:
"Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. Just by listening the background music of Ryu's stages the brain play a "psychological Hadouken", the VS and defeat screens -and the winning fighter quote also- give a special touch. Not mentioning that everybody have a story to tell about SFII, being the console version or the arcade. Who play it, love it and who doesn't play it, knows it very well. Wants more? SF II for sure is the better game of all times."

Original in Portuguese:
"Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. Só de ouvir a música do estágio do Ryu, a mente já lança um Hadouken psicológico, as imagens de "VS" e derrota, assim como as frases do lutador campeão, dão o toque especial... sem falar que todo mundo tem uma história para contar sobre SF II, seja num console doméstico, seja no arcade. Quem jogou, ama e quem não jogou, conhece muito bem. O que mais falar? SF II, com certeza o melhor jogo de todos os tempos."

And well, they like it. ;D
But they missed my name, it is GOSUEN and not Gousen... anyway
Thanks [Hardgamer] dudes, you make this child here smile in tough times. But as Zakk Wylde said: "Tough times don’t last; tough people do"



No comments:

Post a Comment