Monday, June 14, 2010

Kinect and the sea of failures.

Pin It
Ok. I know, why to bully a thing that doesn't even was launched? It is so mean.
I know it, I'm trying to be positive.There is a Brazilian dude in the productions. Natal stuff... yay. But hey! Microsoft ASK for it.

First a very glamorous talk at E3 2009 about it. As if it was the innovation of century, and it is just an answer to Nintendo Wii. And a lot of fail videos with fail gameplays.

This is the reason why Miyamoto laughs when someone ask him about the other devices being developed. He says that Nintendo already works with something that works, and It is gaining money with it. While Microsoft is crafting, doing bad press and receiving some parodies with very good points about it:




I read a lot of forum/blogs comments. People are really uncomfortable about Natal. And people unlike even the new name, kinect. This make me think: Is Microsoft doing research about this? They are studying their clients and stuff? Or are just focusing on a blind ego desire of be the ultimate game company?

The family video stuff is just annoying to see. The fake families, the fake union. The lame games.
Ok, is just an ad... But Ad is not to show the best aspect of the product? It is pretty funny to see in the Tv an episode of The Guild where the quote "I love to be with my family. Its better than gaming." is said by a mom in an ironic way.

I believe deeply in the potential of Microsoft, I'm just afraid about if they are focusing in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment