Monday, January 31, 2011

Global Game Jam 2011 is over [Brazil]

Pin It
GGJ2011 is an event about a bunch of game developers smelling bad and with no time to sleep with the sole objective of craft a game within 40 hours or something like that. And Brazil has a lot of entries, but no one get my eyes as Planetary Plan C did. I also heard by Kotaku Brasil that "No More Coffee" is cool, but the game just doesn't work in my PC. So, I can't say anything ~ boo hoos. The other ones just don't make me feel like downloading. Sorry guys, I know... "We should stick together", "it was just 40 hours" bla bla bla, but no. I have to do my own game on my own. Yup: alone and with no money, so. No.

MiniBoss is the studio I told before when I used to have a work. So, now, my deep admiration may be questionable - or may be not because I'm not a questionable kind of guy. ANYWAY. They are back again (with some friends ~ like a dude from Sulistas) and in a few hours they do a GREAT game. Ok, there are still some issues, but issues that isn't worth of being mentioned cause, dudes: the game is absolute artistic - not like Talbot or Braid, but...

Let's think about sleeping shortly, getting ideas on the moment, eating thumbnails in breakfast and all your friends drinking outside on a pub while you are in a "GO GO GO"!!!!!!!!!

I take some screens of the game, and as you might notice I have died a bunch of times. @Ikolino my defeat is dedicated to you. hahaha



 The game

As you begin, the logo of miniBoss appears. And it is pretty cool, cause the colours changes each time you enters the game. Making you confused about your own memory. xD
You control a robot trying to save some fragments of existence of worlds about to explode. You have to run against time and jump up hazards. You'll find very funny fragments by the world, you can even find an Easter egg, Jules (from the Sulista's game Jule's Unboxing the world - see it on image 2). You may be pissed sometimes for deaths you don't even know why, but please guys, the game isn't 100% polished. The team has to focus on core mechanics to deliver the final prototype on time. So endure it.



You can access the Team Mini Boss Global Game Jam 2011 here.
And you can play Planetary Plan C in its final prototype version here.

Sorry about the other entries, I still haven't time to see it all. With time I can find more cool stuff from Brazilian dudes, or you guys can find me at twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment