Monday, January 31, 2011

Things that should be: Twitter

Pin It
Twitter is an awesome tool. I'm using it since September 2007. Since then a lot of improvements happened. But there is still a few little things that annoy me.

1- Timeline Mix
First it is on Timeline. If people check my profile will see a bunch of replies, RTs and will probably not notice my original tweets. Well, let's see how it works:

In my followers perspective: they will only see "original tweets" in their timeline when I post it - and not the replies I sent to people whom they don't follow. Which is pretty fair. But they can see all the replies if they want to access my profile.They're gonna see everything there ~ that is the problem.

In a person that doesn't follow me's perspective: When this guys access my profile, he will see a bunch of information (replies, RTs and some posts lost in the middle). They will think "this dude just chat a lot and doesn't post anything useful". Then he goes away and doesn't have the chance to really meet me and eventually follow me. :~

So, in the Timeline tab should be an option to show/hide Replies/Rts. You can see what the person posts, what this person thinks that is cool to RT and if that person replies to his followers in an organized way.




2- I was RTed?
You will know if you got a tweet RT if you just enter on the specific tab. And it is pretty boring to do all this stuff. A sense of usability would tell to put some sign on the tweet already.

3- Got new message
My friend just doesn't see that Dee Snider, frontman of the band Twisted Sister sent her a DM two months ago. Because you can't see when you get one. You have to go by yourself from time to time. And as human being you gonna forget it. When such thing happens, who's to blame? It would be pretty more useful to appear things like Message (1). Like Facebook does when you get some update.

Well. This is my opinion on things that could make Twitter even better. See ya guys. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment