Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Piece Marinefold Saga

Pin It
One piece, boa hancock

I usually don't talk about anime in this blog, but One Piece is a Shounen that grab my attention since Dragon Ball Z, and yup, this is a lot time ago. Actually I'm into seinem stuff. The last shounen manga I read was Inu Yasha back in 2008. In fact, I started One Piece with mangas, but after I get a job in another city I spent all my money with food and medicines trying to survive alone, so...yeah. No japanese fun!

After some nihon hiatus in my life I decided to get back on One Piece, but instead of reading again the manga I choose to watch the anime from the start. I was kinda of lazy with animes... in fact I was "bleached".
Bleached: I've tried to watch Bleach, it was pretty cool in the beginning but the plot flow and episodes direction can kill anyone patience. Each 20 minutes episode, have at least 10 minutes from the previous episodes. And everything starts to get cliche at some point. The feeling is: I lose my time.

But with One Piece I never get this feeling at all... Till this saga of Marinefold. It was pretty promising by the events and the powerful, important and cool characters involved. And all the life threating probabilities. Damn, the villain of the epic Alabasta saga, Crocodile, was back working together with Ruffy? Damn!


All the Impel Down break was EPIC. Breathtaking levels with Intelligent enemies and strategies. Mr. 2 was historical!! But when the war starts was a big letdown. The eternal Ruffy running scene was "distance impossible". Ruffy could have crossed the world 7 times, but would never reach Ace's platform. 


Jimbei was good for nothing. He beats Moria, ok. But Moria is nothing outside Thriller Bark. Jimbei let Moria alive in the end. Why? But after war, Jimbei could be forgiven. He was a key character. So, anyway.

There was no Big battles. A lot of motherfucker characters and no fights like Yu Yu Hakusho Makai Tournament, when you could see things like Yomi versus Shura. Things like Hancock versus Smoke end up in a little talk. They just meet each other, some talk: nothing. Jimbei versus Mihawk, this one was stupid, after sometime Jimbei was in another scene talking with Ruffy. Mihawk goes to bathroom? WTF?

And all the admirals "admiring" the fight? Some character just get lost. Very bad directed. Very poor events. And Ruffy running....

The thing was so slow paced, the Whitebeard crew shouting for his dad or for Ace was so annoying. Whitebeard command the guys to run from Marinefold... but they can't help themselves but to stay crying - hello, we are at war. When Ace was killed was by his own stupidity. He deserves it! That was the feeling. No shock at all. When he was young he act hot blooded and fought with a pirate and almost killed Dadan with that. Then, this whole war started with his searching for Teach against his captain will. Again, hot blooded. He finally was saved, Whitebeard was behind to destroy everything up, and Ace was got by the shitty tongue of an admiral. Mother of dio, the same admiral that put shit in the head of his fellow nakama that impaled Whitebeard. So, why... why to give a damn? Just get the fuck out, and leave the place to be destroyed. But no... and Ruffy almost got killed on this. I like Ace. He is an awesome character. But he deserves this death.

Buggy was some funny segment, but the war stuff was so pissing me off that even Buggy couldn't save it anymore, and became part of the problem at some point.

But I can save some gold of it, like: Boa Hancock development.
She is awesome. Hancock going berserker and attacking Marines and Pirates was the top!
Crocodile saving Ace's neck. Man! Awesome how this guy act by himself. He is above his own pride. He is almost a Vegeta of the seas. lol


But well. I needed to say it: Marinefold was exhausting. And I will no read this post to correct, I'm pretty tired about this stuff. Let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment