Sunday, August 05, 2012

Microsoft kills Hotmail and prepares Outlook.com

Pin It


I see Microsoft as a giant lurker in the shadows. Just waiting. You now, Outlook Express was forever there, and it was something so...meh! Microsoft saw small enterprises popping from the ground being huge. Netscape, Mozilla, Google and others putting their products in a freezer. Sure, Microsoft saw a lot of them dying aswel while the big M marched on... But Microsoft was holding onto Windows, and third parties were making a party inside of it. Explorer is so far a weak browser, outlook is a ZzzZ mail viewer for a common user. Hotmail was something quite popular, and together with MSN was The Tool. Microsoft put their hands on it, but now Messenger and hotmail (still "crowded"), get some wacky feelings. At least for me. Sounds crappy, messy and insecure. My hotmail services are for junk or forum logins. MSN I have retired for quite some while.

Google get Chrome and Gmail into my life so strongly that I got the browser into my iPad and got my ass saved by Gmail security when Linkedin fucked up everything. So Microsoft actually has no roles in my life since I got an Mac environment to work on. So yeah. Kinda troublesome for them to lose me, particularly cause I was trained by Mczee to start using computers. Yeah. Deal with it Life. Freaking Mczee.

Microsoft Kids McZee holding a book and smiling
McZee
Microsoft saw its rival Apple ascends with iPhone and iPad. Then, Samsung and Google got a huge market piece. And they finally got into it with Nokia and windows phone, and now they got their own tablet. But Microsoft got their time before put it on market ~ lurking.

Now they give up hotmail. They are betting in system integration. Twitter, Skype, Facebook friendly enviroment. And their pride is so strong... outlook.com! Woah! After so many years, in the shadows... being overwhelmed by its concurrents... outlook takes it spot on the sun with some huge tools with it.

I just wonder about the integration of it... you know! I have 3 hotmail. Logged in about many services and forums. It will change the name? I will lose the access to this places? No recovery mail solution? Oh, crap!


No comments:

Post a Comment