Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Power Rangers The Movie Soundtrack Years After

Pin It
It seems it was announced a new movie of Power Rangers TV series. It will be produced by Lionsgate and Saban Brands. Saban produced the series in 1993, since then it keeps relaunching with new "names"each year. The 1995 PR movie was also produced by Saban, I hope Lionsgate can manage do a good job this time...

But I want to talk about the Genesis (Mega Drive) game based on the awful movie released on 1995.

Oh, fuck me! Really.
After years I've discovered something quite obvious. I was not so into Power Rangers as kids. I really liked original Japanese stuff like Changeman, Jaspion and Jiraya. But I pretty liked Power Rangers video games. "The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie" (Genesis Version) have the most absolute amazing soundtrack for a platform beat 'm up game.



And just now I realize that it is actually just a version of some existent music. Real music, with lyrics and stuff. Damn me. I still prefer the game version tho. haha No singing for me.

Here it goes the side by side of my favourite genesis tracks with the original song:

~Go Green Ranger Go~
Game:


Original:



~Hey Rita! / Rita Rita Rita ~
So jazz! Damn!
Game:


Original:


~Fight!~ 
Game:


Original: (makes sense on 0:40)


~5-4-1~
This is pretty most the favourite. It has a bit of drama. haha
Game:


Original:



~Combat~
Game:


Original:



~We Need a Hero~
Game:


Original:


~White Ranger Tiger Power~
Game:


Original:


~Zords~
Game:


Original:



I love this game:





No comments:

Post a Comment