Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 E3 Day 1 - EA

Pin It
Congratz EA. That is what I was talking about.
A black scenario, a huge monitor behind and a mature presentation, serious, and let the game talk by itself.

The things that called my attention was the EA sports Live Broadcast.
It is an amazing service with huuuuge possibilities to do great things.

They showed it with the MMA game. People crafting their own personalized fighter, and doing videos - like youtube videos, with webcam and stuff - taunting the challengers. Real broadcasters narrating the game and all kind of awesomeness.


The time when they played Call of Duty multiplayer with 24 players live on stage was amazing. And it wasn't shit talk like "Woooah, how I've fun playing this... wooo Ra Ra Ra, I'm smiling in joy." like microsoft did with that stupid sports game with kinect. Ea bring it up EA staff members to play it like normal players. And the guy also said "Like all software this might fail". And well, this was sincere! The crowd smile, and the thing works perfectly.
There was also many things that DICE team presents that make my day better, but I cannot wait more to say... CRYSIS 2. God! That was awesome.

For me this night was marked by live broadcast and crysis 2.
The trailer was awesome, and the 3D clip might have been terrific to watch it live.

Man... can't wait to see this things working. =}

There was also a huge cutscene trailer for the Star Wars MMORPG, but well... any cutscene can be ok. I wanna check the gameplay. The japa girl from Lucas Arts was presenting it with a little glamorous talk that I hate so much. And saying with voice effect: "you can choose the side YOU WANT" Girl, the "choose" options exist in games since I was kiddo. I could choose the ninja turtle I want, I could play as undertaker in wwe games... so, whats up the big deal choosing the damn color of my sword and clothing in a MMORPG? Wake the fuck up.


This is almost a rule in E3...you came with shit talk, you show shit. Remember this.

Also there was the bulletstorm gameplay footage, but uh... nothing that make me happy. Only the kick at door... he he he, nice.

Well... congratz EA, you showed respect to us, I respect you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment